Want to read some of my stuff?

Click for...

Friday, February 3, 2012

A completely pointless post

I have the attention span of a caffeinated squirrel and the memory of a blue fish. Therein lies the reason for the dozens of unfinished stories saved on my computer and in old notebooks. Also, why I randomly drop out of conversations, leave my phone while I run into the other room, and have a desk covered in interesting, broken knickknacks. It's who I am; it's in my genes.

Let's pause while you get the jeans jokes out of your system. Are you done? Okay.

I'm also interested in almost every genre of story. Fantasy, science fiction, romance, suspense, mystery, and just about everything else you can think of. The only way for me to stay interested in a story is to surround myself with that genre. Music, the shows I watch, and the books I read all have to correspond to what I'm writing about.

So this is my list of media intake right now:
The Vampire Diaries (show)
Being Human (show)
Teen Wolf (show)
Nightshade (werewolf romance novel by Andrea Cremer)*
The hair bands my mama likes -- Aerosmith, Def Leppard, etc (it's what my MC likes)
"You're a Wolf" by Sea Wolf (a song that reminds me of werewolves)
Anything else with vampires or lycans in it

I did try watching True Blood too. Tip: never, ever let that junk reach your computer. It was one of those show that tries to be "real" by doing things like showing lots of sexual scenes and murders (and what vampire is named Bill?) So, no, I didn't like that.

All of this may be slightly damaging to my mental state, but it does keep me on task. Especially with this new twist in my story.

*I'm not recommending Nightshade until I finish it. As of now, I haven't decided if it's romance or "erotica." We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Random note: The Vampire Diaries is filmed in the closest town near me, Covington, GA. So, when you see stuff outside in that show (especially anything in the town square, etc.) you're seeing stuff I see all the time. :) Small world, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my gosh, you're kidding me! You could run into Ian Somerholder at Wal-Mart O.O

      Delete